Sixty Five Years of a Grand Idea! Highlights of Accomplishments of
The League of Women Voters of Teaneck 2016-2017
Click on http://lwvteaneck.blogspot.
• Registered voters at back to school nights
• Held a Candidate forum
• Made Consensus recommendations on Sexual Assault on College Campuses study
• Participated in Women's March in Washington and Trenton, January 21st
• Made recommendations to LWVNJ on program planning agenda for 2018
•Supported advocacy initiatives via letters and member telephone calls to member of Congress and the state legislature
•Regularly monitored Teaneck town council, Board of Education and developments in Washington and Trenton in the education arena
• Used our blog, lwvteaneck.blogspot.com, for ongoing communication and education of our members and the public
•Sponsored and participated in the selection of a Teaneck High School student for a scholarship through Teaneck Community Scholarship Fund
•Held a discussion for Women’s History Month on Protest and Power: Women’s Rights in America.